PhD in Economics and management of innovation and sustainability (EMIS)
(agreement with Univ. of Parma, Univ. of Ferrara and the Catholic Univ. of the Sacred Heart - Piacenza)
Coordinator: Prof. Beatrice Luceri
Vice-Coordinator: Prof. Emidia Vagnoni
Duration: 3 years
EMIS is a three-year training program aimed at students with a strong aptitude for research and who aspire to acquire advanced skills in economic and managerial disciplines focused on managing innovation and sustainability. These issues are addressed synergistically given that the economic growth generated by the accumulation of knowledge needs to be balanced between economic social and environmental dimensions. The approach ranges from economic to corporate, from public to private sector, and from government to company management policies.
The course is run jointly by the Universities of Parma and Ferrara and, starting 2022, the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart - Piacenza.
The administrative headquarters rotates every three years between the Universities of Ferrara and Parma. For Cycles 35, 36, 37 it is in Ferrara and for cycles 38, 39, 40 in Parma.
Regardless of administration office, each individual student is assigned a main office at one of the three universities.
The three universities offer a wide range of courses. Particular emphasis is given to the following research areas, according to the curricula of the teaching staff:
- Regulatory aspects and effects of agricultural and agri-food policies
- Branding and value creation
- Consumer behavior and marketing management
- Determination and communication of value in businesses
- Knowledge economy, organization, human capital and labour
- Culture economics: management and policies
- Environmental and natural resources economics
- Economics and public management
- Economics and industrial and development policy
- Finance and risk management
- Health care and health management
- Performance evaluation, balance analysis and business management auditing
- New entrepreneurship, business strategy and management development
- Intangible resources and management systems, financial and non-financial assessment and reporting
- Economic decisions in uncertain contexts
- Regional and territorial systems
Enrolment on the PhD course is open to holders of a master's degree (or similar qualification overseas qualification) in the fields of economics-business and mathematics-statistics fields.
Announcements and notices are published on https://www.unipr.it/en/doctoral-doctoral-enrollment.
Online enrolment is open from 12.00 on 28 July 2022 to 13.00 on 2 September 2022.
For more information, please read the Regulation for achieving the doctoral degree (in application of DM 226/2021) effective from the 38th cycle published on https://www.unipr.it/node/32190.